Welcome to the blog

 

Welcome to the blog. It seems funny to say that again. I was a professional blogger for a few years and gave it up to work on my illustration career and now I am back to the blogging world to share behind the scenes peeks into my studio as well as my process from start to finish. 

So I am Katie Cannon, I am a wife, and mother of two adult daughters. We live on a farm in rural Georgia in our yurt home. at the time of this writing we are in the process of adding on to the yurt so that I will be able to move out of my bedroom corner and into a studio space. I am so excited about this as it is been a few years since I have had a dedicated space. 

I work with traditional art supplies (watercolor, colored pencil and gauche) as well as creating digitally on my iPad Pro with multiple apps (Procreate, Adobe Illustrator and more). I love being able to work in both ways and I have the freedom to work from anywhere. I have been creating artwork and illustrations for years. 
I have designed and published 4 adult coloring books, illustrated for festivals and markets as well as created illustrations that have been shared on They Draw and Cook. My surface pattern designs are available through multiple print on demand sites, from Spoonflower, Redbubble,  and Society6 to name a few. I also produce stationary items for my Etsy shop. 

The type of artwork that I love is really about drawing what I see. I love to draw everyday objects, the things that most people use and forget about. I also love florals. The farmland around me and the dirt roads that I walk are what inspires me. SO really I am sort of a mixed bag. 

I am am always sketching and working on new pieces of art. I share daily on my Instagram feed.

Comments